Thank you for your participation in a Help One Now Learning Journey! The Help One Now ethos is to remain invisible in our communities and focus our efforts on resourcing key leaders instead. Help One Now leads a limited number of Learning Journeys for committed, long-term supporters (Church Partners, Child Sponsors, Foundation members, and Love Hope Partners) each year. On these Journeys, emphasis will be placed on connecting with a community, building deep relationships with the local leaders, and brainstorming how you can unlock your human capital to partner together and support their work back home.
Fostering Camp to Success' mission, this trip will empower its participants to participate in hands on, empowering opportunities to develop leadership skills, experience intercultural development, and cultivate cross-cultural communication skills. We encourage everyone, including our younger community members, to get involved in understanding and engaging with our communities abroad so that they can attain an appreciation of how complex working in these other communities can be. Consequently, we hope that our participants will return home educated by their experiences with our local leaders and their work to later become advocates for the country and its people so that they may grow with their experiences and support our communities in a meaningful and appropriate way!
On this trip, we are excited for you to:
● meet and fall in love with our local leaders and the children they serve
● learn from our local leaders by hearing their stories and engaging in their communities. Doing this helps us, the visitors, understand the unique issues in different environments
● see the impact of our projects firsthand and gain a new understanding of how complex working in these communities can be
● become advocates of the country, people and orphans that you meet when you return home. You are the tribe; we need you to run with these stories and partner with us to make an impact
● explore and enjoy the unique culture and of Haiti, cultivating the strength and courage to witness the suffering of others but also joy and hope for future
A few things to note about this trip: