Thank you for your participation in a Help One Now Learning Journey! The Help One Now ethos is to remain invisible in our communities and focus our efforts on resourcing key leaders instead. Help One Now leads a limited number of Learning Journeys for committed, long-term supporters (Church Partners, Child Sponsors, Foundation members, and Love Hope Partners) each year. On these Journeys, emphasis will be placed on connecting with a community, building deep relationships with the local leaders, and brainstorming how you can unlock your human capital to partner together and support their work back home.
On this trip, we are excited for you to:
● meet and fall in love with our local leaders and the children they serve
● learn from our local leaders by hearing their stories and engaging in their communities. Doing this helps us, the visitors, understand the unique issues in different environments
● see the impact of our projects firsthand and gain a new understanding of how complex working in these communities can be
● become advocates of the country, people and orphans that you meet when you return home. You are the tribe; we need you to run with these stories and partner with us to make an impact
Be on the lookout for emailed updates and a detailed trip packet containing exciting and important information for your upcoming trip! In the meantime, here are some notes for your consideration as you begin to prepare for your trip! If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Madeline, our trips coordinator, at email@example.com!
There are currently no required vaccinations for Haiti; however, we recommend Hep A & B, Tetanus, and Yellow Fever. Some people choose to get a Typhoid shot as well.
If you take prescription medicine, make sure you bring enough for the entire trip and be sure to leave it in their original containers. The following medication is recommended as precautions:
● Malaria Medication- There are several prescriptions available. Please check with your travel nurse.
Please see your local travel clinic for more details about shots and prescriptions.
Passport & Visa
There will also be a $10 tourist tax in Haiti, so you will need to have $10 cash available to pay.Packing List
Help One Now will purchase trip cancellation and medical evacuation insurance for each of you. You will receive an insurance card to print out and keep with your passport a week before your departure.
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
You will each be registered with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This is a free service provided by the US Government for citizens traveling abroad that will allow the US Embassy in Haiti to better assist you in the event of an emergency.
Be the first participant to register for this trip!