The most vulnerable in Haiti are pregnant mothers and children under age 5. In Haiti, 1 out of every 14 children dies before age 5. In Haiti, 1 in every 285 mothers dies in childbirth. But it doesn't have to be that way. There are skilled Haitian medical facilities ready to provide prenatal care, delivery, even c-sections. And they can provide vital immunizations to the children as they grow. But expectant moms in most rural Haitian villages simply can't afford it. We can change this. We partner with five villages in Haiti to identify pregnant moms in need and sponsor their medical care.
Together, we can reduce maternal and child mortality in five rural Haitian villages, save the lives of mothers and vulnerable infants, and touch the lives of 1000 people - 500 mothers and 500 children - with the gospel of Christ over the next ten years.
An investment of $600 ($50/month) includes:
- All prenatal care and delivery in a healthcare facility
- Maternal and newborn care education
- Follow-up for five years with moms and babies to help with nutrition, clean water, vitamins, antiparasitic treatment, and surveillance for signs of acute illness
- Employment for Haitian nurses and doctors
- Support for the local Haitian economy
Please consider supporting 1 to 5 women with a gift of $600-3000. We also need ongoing monthly supporters.
To learn more about Healthy Moms | Healthy Babies as a ministry of Disciples' Village, you can visit the DV website here