by Natasha and Buddhi Khadka 1 Lives Impacted Hungary
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.” Proverbs 31:8If you have had any contact with Buddhi...
If you have had any contact with Buddhi and I in the past few years, you will know our heart has been for adoption since the day we met.
We thought that after almost 7 years of marriage we would have a family by now, but we have learned to trust the Lord in His timing.
About 4 years ago, we started trying to start a family of our own. After a few years, we decided that if we could not have biological children, we would be open to adoption since it's something we have always wanted to do. Since we were already living in Nepal it made the most sense to try to adopt a Nepali child (or two!). After building so much excitement, things were falling in to place, the Nepali law changed and made it impossible for us to adopt for another 6 years at least. We were devastated, but decided to continue our pursuit to become parents by undergoing fertility treatment. After 3 failed attempts at a treatment, and many months of stress and loss, we decided to stop and put our fertility in God's hands. We've also prayerfully decided not to pursue IVF, but adoption instead.
We are aware of the great need of adoptive parents in the world, after seeing it first hand here in Nepal. If we were living in the US, we would have done the foster-to-adopt domestically, but obviously we are unable to do that, which leaves us with the choice to adopt from another country. We were terrified at the thought of having to raise over $30,000. To be honest, it was the main thing hindering us from going the international adoption route, but at this point, it seems like our only choice.
We found a wonderful agency called Little Miracles International who are willing to help us as we reside abroad. We were so happy to hear of an organization that is willing to do this. After speaking with them, we both decided the Hungary program would best fit us.
We are choosing to trust God in this whole situation. If he provides the finances through others who are willing to contribute to the costs, then it will happen, and if not, we will accept the outcome either way. We know God has a child for us out there somewhere. Maybe they are waiting and praying for us just as much as we are for them.
Our first goal is $11,200 which will cover all of the startup costs and fees for the agency, and also the home study. Someone will have to fly out here to complete that. Once that is finished, they will be able to start looking for children to match us with and we can continue to raise the funds for the next portion.
Through this next season, we will try to live by Faith, and not in fear. Our God is able.