Fitche Evangelical Mekane Yesus Child Survival Program
, thousands of girls in poverty are growing up without good role models. As these girls grow up and have babies they lack the basic skills and knowledge needed to raise a healthy baby.
Poverty is holding mothers back from the resources they need to be a successful parent. This is where Compassion’s Child Survival Program (CSP) steps in. The Fitche Evangelical Mekane Yesus Child Survival Program (CSP) is coming alongside mothers to help them deliver and raise healthy babies.
Mothers in this CSP are trained how to:
- provide a healthy and safe environment for their child,
- improve on their self-esteem so that they can in turn create trust between their baby, allowing for a healthy attachment, and
- create activities for their baby which will promote closeness, growth and a loving environment.
These mothers also learn about Jesus and receive a Bible. As for the physical needs of the baby, the CSP steps in and provides:
- monthly supplies of food,
- training on nutritional planning,
- training on hygiene habits for the parents and for the baby,
- activities that will allow the baby to develop his/her motor skills, and
- medical checkups to babies and their mothers, and pregnant mothers.
These are the critical steps that are needed to break the cycle of poverty
. When you support this center you are not just sustaining the life of an infant, you are providing a chance for mothers and babies to thrive.