We rely on our dedicated monthly sponsors to support the life-saving work at Carolina Waterfowl Rescue.
Your generous commitment helps support all aspects of running the rescue, including:
- Field capture of injured and entangled birds, then rehabilitation and medical care until ready for release
- Care, food and protection for thousands of permanent disabled resident species including swans, geese, ducks, heron, peacocks, songbirds, and formerly factory-farm chickens, turkeys, cows, and pigs.
- Medical care administered by federally-licensed bird rehabilitators and avian veterinarians, spending over $20,000 yearly on veterinary care.
- Pioneering work in the area of prosthetic beaks.
- Each mating season, rescue, rehabilitation, and release of orphaned and/or injured baby songbirds and waterfowl.
- Assisting local authorities with animal seizures including cockfighting busts, providing refuge and rehabilitation for mistreated seized animals.
- Education of the public and animal control personnel with seminars, classes and social media.
Chickadee Level - All Donations: Each donor is significant, and no amount is too small. All donors will receive a monthly newsletter with updates and pictures of our current activities.
Mallard Level - 50.00 per month: In addition to the monthly newsletter, you will receive a CWR magnet and decal.
Carolina Waterfowl Rescue is dedicated to the rescue and
rehabilitation of migratory birds. We are a mostly-volunteer group that
dedicates their time, money, and expertise to helping birds in need
from North Carolina and surrounding states.
Great Blue Heron Level - $100.00 per month: In addition to the monthly newsletter, you will receive a CWR t-shirt and decal.