2020 Lessons Learned ... a few of them!
When it looks like the world is totally out of control and totally unsalvageable ....God shows up in His mighty power!
We couldn't go, but
- we sent the funds to help the Nationals continue the work.
- we meet virtually several times a week with our National Partners to encourage and pray with them ...they are praying for us, too!
- we watched as our National Partners shared scripture, prayed, washed feet, showed God's love through tangible means such as food supply packages.
We learned ...and are learning: (just a few of the many)
- Hearts hardened against God have been softened and opened because one of our national team members showed compassion and love and shared God's Word.
- Over 200 Muslims heard the Gospel in East Africa and 30 Bible study groups have been started!
- Refugee women and children have been removed from abusive situations in camp.
- Refugee children have once again laughed and played as children should at a party with snacks, balloons and gifts for each one.
- 100 of the poorest of poor Arabic children received new shoes and food.
- 390+ Arabic women joined in Bible studies and had their feet washed as they learned the importance of loving one another. Wives and mothers who are training up the next generation.
- Tough, strong Arabic men have broken down and cried because a Christian man prayed with him and washed his feet and told him God knows the challenges he is facing with no job and no food. Food supply packages were delivered to his home.
My cup runneth over with thankfulness to the Lord and to you for being a part of this "different and creative" way of being engaged in missions. Opportunity abounds regardless of our circumstances!